Whether you need to reset your password because you have forgotten, or update it for security, setting up a new password in Elements is easy.
When you land on the login page (login.salesforce.com), you are promoted to login. From here, if you have forgotten your password, you can make the needed updates.
- Click 'Forgot Your Password?' at the bottom of the page
- Enter your Username, which is typically your email address
- Next, you'll receive an email from email@example.com with instructions to finish resetting your password.
Please ensure this email address is added to your safe senders list to prevent the email from getting caught in your spam filter.
There may be instances when you're already logged into Elements, but need to update your password. Some examples may be:
- Your password has been compromised
- Your administrator requires a password reset at specified time intervals (30 days, 60 days, etc.)
To update your password when logged in, follow these steps:
- Click your avatar in the top-right of the browser window.
- Click Settings.
- On the left-hand side navigation pane, select 'Change My Password', where you'll be prompted to enter:
- Your existing password
- Your new password
- Your new password again
- A security question and answer
- Click Save