It is fairly simple to create a new user within Elements. As an Administrator, you have access to Setup and create new users. To create a new user, you will go to Setup > Users > Users > New User. You can also use the Quick Find box in Setup to search for Users.
To create a new user, by default, there are required fields that include: Last Name, Alias, Email, Username, Nickname, Role, User License, Profile, , Locale Settings - Time Zone, Locale, Language, Receive Approval Request Emails. It is possible that your firm has been configured to make other fields required as well.
Steps to Setup a New User:
- Read the guidelines for adding users.
- From Setup, enter Users in the Quick Find box, then select Users.
- Click New User.
- Enter the user’s name and email address and a unique username in the form of a email address.
- By default, the username is the same as the email address.
- IMPORTANT: The username must be unique across all Salesforce orgs. The username must be in the format of an email address, for example, [email protected]. The email used for your username doesn’t have to function. You can have the same email address associated with your account across multiple orgs. Remember: The username in the form of an email address must remain unique.
- Select a Role.
- Select a User License. The user license determines which profiles are available for the user.
- Select a Profile, which specifies the user’s minimum permissions and access settings.
- At the bottom of the page, check Generate new password and notify user immediately to have the user’s login name and a temporary password emailed to the new user.
- Click Save.
- Assign the Salentica Data Broker Permission Set to the new user.
Also, have your new users install our Salentica University directly into their Elements. If you haven't set for all users, they can install the extension individually by clicking this link: Manually Download WalkMe Extension
Best Practice: If you use an email integration, it makes sense to allow your users to sync their contacts & events between Microsoft Outlook®/Gmail™ and Elements.
When you create a new user, go to Settings > Email to include the new user in the sync. This article has more detail on how to make this update.
Conversely, here is an article on how to deactivate a user.