A Permission Set is a collection of settings and permissions that give users access to various tools and functions. The settings and permissions in Permission Sets are also found in Profiles, but Permission Sets extend users’ functional access without changing their profiles.
Users can have only one profile but they can have multiple permission sets. You can assign permission sets to various types of users, regardless of their profiles.
Some of the things that you can control within Permission Sets are going to be Assigned Apps and Object Settings. Assigned Apps specify which apps are visible in the app menu, and Object Settings determine access objects and fields, and settings such as tab availability
- You must be a System Administrator to create or update Permission Sets.
- Each user must have the Salentica Data Broker Permission Set assigned.
- Encrypted Data Permission Set - this allows users to see a Contact's SSN if it is assigned to the user.
Assign permission sets or remove permission set assignments for a single user from the user detail page.
- Setup > Quick Find Box: Users> Users.
- Select a user.
- In the Permission Set Assignments related list, click Edit Assignments.
- To assign a permission set, select it under Available Permission Sets and click Add. To remove a permission set assignment, select it under Enabled Permission Sets and click Remove.
- Click Save.