The Navigation Bar gives you direct access to the objects you most frequently need. The default Navigation Bar is easy to customize; you can choose what Objects show up and in which order. In addition to rearranging the default, the App Launcher at the top left (grid of nine dots) offers additional options for controlling the Navigation Bar.
You can modify the Navigation Bar to include the important apps and quick access to specific records. There are two ways to add items to the Navigation Bar:
- Using the All Items option to add a single item or
- Using the Pencil Icon to add multiple items.
As an example, we'll show you how to add the New Business Object to the Navigation Bar.
1. Click App Launcher > View All (below the list of apps).
2. In this section, click on New Business.
3. You will then see that New Business is a temporary option in your Navigation Bar. If you click the drop down arrow and click the option “Add New Business to Navigation Bar”, it will be there until you decide to remove it.
If you want to add more than one item to the Navigation Bar at the same time, you may want to use the pencil icon at the far right. Click the icon then click the button to Add More Items.
On the left, click All to reveal a list of options you can add. There will be so many options available that you will want to use the Search box. Below, ‘business’ is entered, and that quickly allows New Business to be added. Click the ‘+’ sign to left to select it.
If you want to and another item, you can search again or clear the search term to show the original list. When the correct option is found, click the ‘+’ for that item. In the below screenshot you can see there are two items listed under the Search box, and you can click Add 2 New Items to add these to your Navigation Bar.
In the final window, you will need to click Save to save the changes.