Workflows automate actions based on your organization's processes. When you receive a Request from a client and create a record in your CRM, you can have an underlying Workflows that correspond to the Request object. Process Builder is a Salesforce tool that allows you to control automation, Process Composer is a preinstalled Salesforce App where workflows are created, cloned, and edited, and these tools are available to your System Administrator.
For example, workflows can:
- Assign follow-up tasks to a support rep one week after a Request is made.
- Send management an email alert when an Advisor closes a large deal.
- Remind the trading desk to invest a deposit once the funds settle into an account.
- Schedule a calendar reminder to call a prospect after a certain amount of time to confirm the prospect's status.
And, some of the steps that workflows can include:
- Tasks—Assign a new task to a user, role, or record owner.
- Email Alerts—Send an email to one or more recipients you specify.
- Field Updates—Update the value of a field on a record.
Each workflow step can consist of:
- Criteria that cause the workflow rule to run.
- Immediate actions that execute when a record matches the criteria. For example, Elements can automatically send an email that notifies the account team when a new high-value account is created.
- Time-dependent actions that queue when a record matches the criteria, and execute according to time triggers. For example, Elements can automatically send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value deposit is still in ten days before the close date.
Request > Workflow