New Business can be used to track the potential sale, service, or product you are offering an existing client. By creating a New Business record, you can track a new opportunity throughout the entire sales process for an existing Client Relationship.
Creating a New Business Record
- For the new opportunity, open the existing Relationship.
- Go to Related Quick Links, select New Business > New.
- Fill out the New Business form.
- Click Save.
You can now see the New Business on the Relationship, through the New Business Related Quick Link, or on the New Business Object from the Navigation Bar.
New Business Record Timeline
New Business has a helpful, easy-to-read timeline that shows where a record is in the sales process. From Qualifying the New Business to the Discovery and Proposition phases, you can quickly see where each opportunity stands. Finally, you're able to close your new business, tracking new business wins and losses. You can easily run pipeline reports to see where all New Business records are in the sales process.
The New Business Timeline has predefined phases with corresponding fields and can be customized by your System Administrator. Learn more about what information is contained in a New Business record here.
Managing the New Business Record Timeline
- Select the Qualify phase.
- Select Mark as Current Pipeline Phase.
- Select the pencil icon. Fill out the key fields in the phase's submenu. Click Save.
- Select Mark Pipeline Phase as Complete to move to the next step in the timeline.
- Repeat these steps with the Discover and Propose phases.
Close a New Business Record
- Select the Close phase from the New Business timeline.
- Provide values for the Won/Lost and Reason Won/Lost fields.
- Click Save.
- Select Mark as Current Pipeline Phase. This New Business record is now closed.