Activities and Chatter both help you to track interactions with, and about your clients. The Activity Timeline and Chatter are generally accessed on the Relationship page, since it is the main Object in Elements.
Best Practice: Track everything on the Relationship. The Activity will show on the Relationship and any Contacts added.
The Activity Timeline allows users to see upcoming and overdue tasks and events, along with completed Activities. Other features available on the Activity Timeline include the ability to filter your Activities, check them off as completed, and get more details about the Activity itself.
- Click on the Gear Icon to adjust the Activities you see on the Timeline. This can be filtered by date range, ownership, and even activity type.
- Click the arrow next to the Activity to see more details, including the date, contact and description.
- Click on the subject of any Activity to view the entire Activity record.
Filter Activities and View Activity Details
View an Activity Record
Chatter is a real-time collaboration application that lets users work together, talk to each other, and share information internally. Chatter is a great tool to eliminate internal emails and keep all conversations regarding a Relationship or an Activity within Elements. You can access Chatter from a Relationship record or the Navigation Bar, but best practice is to utilize the Chatter Feed on the Relationship record. Your System Administrator determines the permissions for Chatter and it works in accordance with all of the security and permission settings.
Post to Chatter
Posts are a great way to share an update with your team.
- Click the Post tab.
- Click into the Share an update field and type your post. Use @mentioned to tag someone directly in a post.
- Click Share.
When you post to a Chatter feed, anyone who has access to that Relationship can see your post, and anyone tagged in a post will be notified directly.
View Chatter Posts
The Chatter Timeline allows users to see all Posts and Activities associated with a Relationship. Other features available on the Chatter Timeline include the ability to sort and search your Posts and Activities.
- Click on the Sort Icon to adjust the Posts and Activities you see on the Timeline. This can be sorted by latest posts and most recent activities.
- Click into the search box to search the feed.
Sort and Search the Chatter Feed