Families is an object within Elements that is simply used to relate and aggregate multiple Relationships together. Families will include Relationships and Contacts, allowing users to see the overall highest level of connections among all records. The Family object's capabilities at this time are extremely limited.
Creating New Families
The main way to create a Family is to go to Families > New
From here, you enter the requested and required information about the Family.
What's in a Family?
- Family Name*
- Primary Contact
- Secondary Contact
- Contacts (Will not roll up from the assigned Relationships)
- Notes (Will not roll up from assigned Records)
- Files (Will not roll up from assigned Records)
Recommended Use Cases
This is a relatively light entity from a functionality point of view. Because of this, the recommended use case is simply to relate multiple households to each other. Why does anyone want to do this?
- Relationship context (example: Tim and Jill are children of and beneficiaries to Bob's source of wealth)
- Internal notes that pertain to the family