Currently, Salesforce only allows two addresses per contact and relationship, mailing and billing addresses. We know that clients often have more than two addresses. For logistics and mailing purposes it is necessary to have the flexibility of tracking multiple addresses for the relationship and contacts. Elements can store and manage multiple addresses for Relationships and Contacts through our Address Manager object.
The Elements Address Manager creates and maintains addresses at the Relationship and Contact objects. The addresses can be replicated down from the Relationship to any direct contacts associated with the relationship such as the primary or secondary contact. It can also be used for Contacts who are members of the same Family, but may be related to different Relationships. This ability to manage the address at the relationship level and then have it replicate and change the associated direct contact address allows for easier maintenance of addresses in Elements. It also helps to eliminate duplicate entry.
The address manager also allows for easy maintenance of addresses from one central entity such as Household, and any changes would be reflected in the hierarchy. Multiple addresses can be stored on both a Relationship and Contact record and easily set to the primary record. All the addresses are managed and maintained in the Addresses section of the Related List Quick Links on the Relationship.
Add a New Address to a Relationship
1. Click the Addresses (Relationship Reference) quick link on the Relationship.
2. Click the New button on the right corner.
3. Enter a name for the address such as Main Beach Home or Second Personal Residence.
4. Select the type of address in the dropdown.
5. Enter in the required street address, city, state/province and zip code information.
4. Select the required Contact Reference.
5. Click Save.
Once you have added the address, you can choose the address as the Mailing Address by:
1. Click into the search box and select the address from Recent Addresses.
2. Click Save.
Once saved, the address will update to the new address.
Add a Relationship Address to a Contact
- Go into the related Contact.
- Ensure that the Contact is associated with the correct Relationship by making sure a Relationship is selected in the Relationship field.
3. Check the box to Inherit Relationship Mailing Address.
4. Click Save.
Best Practice: It is a good idea to always inherit contact addresses from their associated relationship. This reduces time spent managing address changes and minimizes errors.
Your Contact is now set to update its address when the Relationship record address updates!