Note: To set up Time and Expense, you must be a System Administrator and have the Salentica Elements Configuration permission set assigned to your user.
Here is a video on how to set up Time and Expense within your CRM. In addition to updating your Object Page Layouts, there are four more steps you must complete:
- Set up Entity Reference Records
- Add Rate Per Hour to User form
- Set Rate Per Hour for each User
- Add Duration to Activity Forms
1. Go to the Elements Configuration app. If you don't see this, make sure it is available as a Permission Set for your Admins.
2. Go to the Entity Reference object. This should be a tab within the Elements Configuration App.
3. Click New to create a new Entity Reference.
4. Enter Object Prefix.
5. Enter the corresponding Object Name (dropdown).
6. Click Save.
- Since each firm has different prefix per entity, you will have to look up each one on an existing record.
- For Time and Expense, we recommend you set this up for the Relationship, Request, Financial Account and New Business.
- For Interaction Service Model, you will need to do this as well. If you have already set this up when setting up Interaction Service Model, you won't have to do it again.
1. Go to Setup > Object Manager.
2. Search for and click on User.
3. Click User Page Layouts and then your Page Layout Name you're using.
- If you're unsure of the User Page Layout you're using, click Page Layout Assignment to confirm.
4. Drag and drop Rate Per Hour onto the Page Layout. We recommend adding it to the Additional Information section.
5. Click Save.
1. Go to Setup > Users > Users.
2. Click on User to edit their Rate Per Hour.
3. Click Edit.
4. Update the Rate Per Hour. This is a currency field.
5. Click Save.
1. Go to Setup > Quick Find: Global Actions.
2. Click Global Actions.
3. For each action, you will need to do the following:
a. Click Layout to the left of the action.
b. Drag Duration (Minutes) to the form.
c. Click Save.
We recommend you update the following actions, or activities: Log a Call, New, Event, and New Task. Email had a standard duration of 10 minutes and cannot be edited.